- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 A New Frontier
- Chapter 2 Reconstruction-era Violence in North Georgia
- Chapter 3 UnReconstructed Appalachia
- Chapter 4 “The Other War Was but the Beginning”
- Chapter 5 “Resistless Uprising”?
- Chapter 6 Reconstructing Race
- Chapter 7 Gathering Georgians to Zion
- Chapter 8 “Neither War nor Peace”
- Chapter 9 A House Redivided
- Chapter 10 “Grudges and Loyalties Die so Slowly”
- Chapter 11 The Lost Cause that wasn’t
- Chapter 12 “A Northern Wedge Thrust into the Heart of the Confederacy” Explaining Civil War Loyalties in the Age of Appalachian Discovery, 1900–1921
- Chapter 13 Civil War Memory in Eastern Kentucky Is “Predominately White”
- Reconstructing Appalachia
- University Press of Kentucky
Kentucky Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.