Throughout the nation’s history, numerous men and women of all ranks and branches of the United States military have served their country with honor and distinction. During times of war and peace, there are individuals whose exemplary achievements embody the highest standards of the U.S. armed forces. The aim of the American Warriors series is to examine the unique historical contributions of these individuals, whose legacies serve as enduring examples for soldiers and citizens alike. The series will promote a deeper and more comprehensive understanding of the U.S. armed forces.
Series editor: Roger Cirillo
An AUSA Book
- Copyright © 2010 by The University Press of Kentucky
- Scholarly publisher for the Commonwealth,
- serving Bellarmine University, Berea College, Centre
- College of Kentucky, Eastern Kentucky University,
- The Filson Historical Society, Georgetown College,
- Kentucky Historical Society, Kentucky State University,
- Morehead State University, Murray State University,
- Northern Kentucky University, Transylvania University,
- University of Kentucky, University of Louisville,
- and Western Kentucky University.
- All rights reserved.
- Editorial and Sales Offices: The University Press of Kentucky
- 663 South Limestone Street, Lexington, Kentucky 40508-4008
- 14 13 12 11 10 5 4 3 2 1
- Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication Data
- Hunt, Ira Augustus, 1924-
- The 9th Infantry Division in Vietnam : unparalleled and unequaled /
- Ira A. Hunt Jr.
- p. cm. — (American warriors)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- ISBN 978-0-8131-2647-0 (hardcover : alk. paper) —
- ISBN 978-0-8131-2648-7 (ebook)
- 1. Vietnam War, 1961-1975—Regimental histories—United States.
- 2. United States. Army. Infantry Division, 9th. 3. Vietnam War,
- 1961-1975—Campaigns. I. Title. II. Title: Ninth Infantry Division in
- DS558.4.H85 2010
- This book is printed on acid-free recycled paper meeting
- the requirements of the American National Standard
- for Permanence in Paper for Printed Library Materials.
- Manufactured in the United States of America.
- Member of the Association of
- American University Presses