- Title Pages
- Abbreviations and Japanese Terms
- Note on Conventions
- 1 The Anti-Westminsterian Roots of Japan’s Parliamentary Cabinet System, 1868–1946
- 2 Comprador Cabinets and Democracy by the Sword, 1946–1955
- 3 Corporatist Cabinets and the Emergence of the “1955 System,” 1955–1972
- 4 Confederate Cabinets and the Demise of the “1955 System,” 1972–1993
- 5 Disjoined Cabinets—Act I
- 6 Disjoined Cabinets—Act II
- Appendix A Japanese Cabinets and Cabinet Ministers Database
- Appendix B Ministers’ Parliamentary and Social Attributes
- Appendix C Ministerial Hierarchy
- Selected References
Kentucky Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.