- Title Pages
- 1 From the Marais to the Batignolles
- 2 From Vincennes to the Alhambra
- 3 Pathé
- 4 The Société Cinématographique des Auteurs et Gens de Lettres
- 5 Les Misérables
- 6 Filmmaker
- 7 End of Reel
- 8 On the Front Line
- 9 Going or Staying
- 10 The Visualizer of <i>Les Misérables</i>
- 11 World Film Corporation
- 12 Woman’s Director
- 13 Transition at Mutual
- 14 Metro Director
- 15 The Red Lantern
- 16 Albert Capellani Productions, Inc.
- 17 Cosmopolitan Productions
- 18 Back Home
- Albert Capellani Films on DVD
- Selected Bibliography
- Screen Classics
- (p.123) 17 Cosmopolitan Productions
- Albert Capellani
- University Press of Kentucky
Capellani made four films for Cosmopolitan, including The Young Diana (1922), with Hearst’s mistress Marion Davies. His last years in America were difficult, and Capellani was no doubt thinking of going back to France, making frequent travels back to his home country. His health was also an important factor; he was suffering from diabetes, then incurable. The intense activity of the past years was taking its toll. Capellani left the United States for France in 1922.
Kentucky Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.