- Title Pages
- Introduction The Labor of Dignity
- 1 “We Strike and Win”
- 2 “Their Side of the Case”
- 3 “The Fight against Economic Slavery”
- 4 “Riveting the Sinews of Democracy”
- 5 “Beneath Our Dignity”
- 6 “Jobs and Homes … Freedom”
- Conclusion The Legacies of Black Working-Class Women’s Political Leadership
- CIvil Rights and the Strugle for Black Equality in the Twentieth Century
- Gateway to Equality
Keona K. Ervin
- University Press of Kentucky
Kentucky Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.