- Title Pages
- Author’s Note
- 1 Training Model Soldiers at the Whampoa Military Academy
- 2 Enlisting Citizens in the Military Mobilization of the Nationalist State
- 3 Wartime Soldier Support by Urban Intellectuals and Professionals
- 4 Creating Gendered Images of the Soldier Figure in Literary Works
- 5 The Construction of the Soldier Ideal by Educated Youths
- 6 The Army-People Bond in Mass Culture in Wartime Yan’an
- Asia in the New Millennium
- The Soldier Image and State-Building in Modern China, 1924-1945
- University Press of Kentucky
Kentucky Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.